Clark County, Indiana
Here’s some of the interesting things about Clark County I’ve learned so far:
Bigfoot: 1998, creature screaming and haunting the former Army ammo plant in Charlestown.
UFO: Clarksville, in 2006, a “fireball” is seen making figure 8s in the sky
– Charlestown, in 2007, a large black triangle with three lights reported.
Ghost: The former Colgate Plant in Clarksville reported to be haunted, especially the basement. Originally the building was used as a prison.
– Clarksville restaurant the McCullough Steak House is haunted by the former family residents.
– Sellersburg, gruesome murders were once committed at “Old Man Ike’s house”, and today screams and loud banging can be heard of the man torturing the family.
– Charlestown: 10 Penny Bridge, On Tunnel Mill Road, story is that a poor bum had died there. If you put 10 pennies on the bridge in a straight line and turn off your car’s lights and engine, when you turn the lights back on the pennies will be gone or scattered.
– Henryville, the “Green Lady” in Mt Zion cemetery. Story is that a young woman was killed on Henryville Blue Lick Road after car wreck in early 1900s, and she was buried in nearby Mt Zion Cemetery. Her glowing green ghost now roams the cemetery, and she will jump on your car if it’s parked there at night, looking for a ride home. Green goo will be left on your car.
– Jeffersonville, Census Bureau warehouse. Haunted by German-speaking ghosts … supposedly the grounds were a holding camp for Germans during World War II.
Of course there’s always room for more. If you live in this county and have a wacky story to share I’d love to hear it! Send me a message using the form below.
If it’s a good one — and if you’re happy to sign a release form — I might be happy to include it in my book!
(Got to keep the lawyers happy … you think Bigfoot gets angry? That’s nothin’ compared to legal rage …)